Study Abroad at Sacred Heart University in The United States of America
What’s going on at Sacred Heart University (SHU)?
SHU has been ranked one of the fastest-growing Catholic colleges in the country. Located just outside of New York City, we welcomed our largest ever freshman class of over 1500 students last Fall – up from 950 just 5 years ago.
- Undergraduate scholarships have increased up to $17,500 USD per year for 4 years (up to $70,000 total).
- Our new Computer Engineering undergraduate major launched in 2017, and Electrical Engineering is coming Fall 2019.
- SHU’s campus has doubled in size—recently acquiring the neighboring 66-acre General Electric (GE) company’s former world headquarters. Our computer science, art and design, education and business programs will be housed there. It even has its own hotel and helipad!
- A state-of-the-art Center for Healthcare Education facility just opened, an amazing resource for our pre-medical, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and physician assistant students.
- A new 3+2 Engineering program in partnership with Columbia University and RPI Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and a new 3+3 Law program is starting with Seton Hall University
- Two new architecturally award-winning residence halls just opened
- The new Bobby Valentine Athletic Training Facility opens in 2019 for our 32 men’s and women’s Division I teams.
- Hospitality & Tourism Management at SHU-owned Great River Golf Club.
Summer Programs – All starting July, 2019
4-week Summer Institute for Global Business Management (SIGBM) (For students currently enrolled in any university)
4-week Media Production/Media Literacy Summer Institute (MPML) (For students currently enrolled in any university)
Please see our summer program download page for more details
New Graduate Programs
- Master of Public Administration Public Administration Website
- Master of Social Work – Social Work Website
New Undergraduate Programs
- 3+2 Engineering program – with Columbia University and RIT – 3+2 Engineering Website
- Computer Engineering – Computer Engineering Website
- Hospitality and Tourism Management – Hospitality and Tourism Website
There is truly a lot going on here!
New Center for Healthcare Education
JP’s Diner is Open – A real New York style diner serving burgers, milkshakes, omelettes and more!
SHUmo Bot Challenge. The engineering students put their skills to work and took to the dohyō (sumo ring) with their robot creations that were programmed to act like sumo wrestlers.
SHU’s Great River Golf Club – Hospitality and Hotel Management
Undergraduate scholarships up to $17,500 per year; performance grants up to $4,000 per year for band, dance, choir, theater.
Students from 34 countries in our undergraduate programs in arts and sciences, business, media and communication, computer science and health professions
Sacred Heart is a private Catholic university located only 1 hour from New York City, in the wonderful town of Fairfield, in Connecticut. Learn more: www.sacredheart.edu/usa
Read about Sacred Heart’s International Student Stories here.