Blended Learning and Study Center is actively involved in various research studies and publications in the field of online and blended learning. This is part of its ongoing effort to contribute to the field of E-Learning and distance education. Consulting services are always available.
Below are some publications and presentations:
- Adebowale, K. & Teng, T. (2019) PATHs: The framework for identifying and measuring learning analytics in online and blended course environments—opportunities for building predictive analytics models of student outcomes. Journal of Learning Analytics. (Manuscript submitted)
- Youngjin, K. & Adebowale, K. (2019) Teaching self-care activities online and examining its spillover effects. (working paper)
- Egiebor, E. & Adebowale, K. (2019) Using instructional media to improve student learning outcomes in online environmental toxicology courses. (working paper)
- Alamu, J. & Adebowale, K. (2019) Evaluating success factors that affect international students in online learning environments. (working paper)
- Uddin, M. & Adebowale, K. (2019) Effectiveness of using online (distance) learning technologies in accounting courses.
- “Learner Analytics Patterns of Online Students’ Interactions with Course Contents— Impacts on Student Outcomes, and Usefulness for Predictive Models to Optimize Student Outcomes in Online Courses in Blackboard Learn Learning Management System of Stony Brook University’s School of Professional Development.” (2017) Adebowale, Oluwakayode Chidebem Victor. State University of New York at Stony Brook, ProQuest Dissertations Publishing.
- Sato, E., Sohn, H., Chen, J., Adebowale, K., & Jourdain, S. (2015) Building innovative online Korean and Japanese courses: a pilot on technology-enhanced curriculum development. Journal of Educational Technology Systems.
- Adebowale, K. & Teng, T. (2014) The impact of transactional distance dialogic interactions on student learning outcomes in online and blended learning environments. Computers & Education Journal.
CONFERENCE PAPERS & PRESENTATIONS
- Youngjin, K. & Adebowale, K. (2019, May). Examining the Effectiveness of Teaching Human Services Students Self-Care. Faculty Summer Institute (FSI): At the Intersection of Teaching, Learning, and Technology. Champaign, IL.
- Egiebor, E. & Adebowale, K. (2019, June). Using Instructional media to Improve Student Learning Outcomes in Online Environmental Toxicology Courses. The Teaching Professor Annual Conference. New Orleans, LA.
- Adebowale, K. (2019, March). PATHs: A Framework for Identifying and Measuring Learner Analytics in Online Learning Environments. UPCEA Annual Conference. Seattle, WA. (Did not Attend).
- Adebowale, K. (2019, February). PATHs: A Framework for Identifying and Measuring Learner Analytics in Online Learning Environments. Illinois Council on Continuing Higher Education (ICCHE) 44th Annual Conference. Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL.
- Cook, V., Martin, V., Gribbins, M. & Adebowale, K. (2018, September). Affordably Managing Accessibility Compliance: A Pilot Using Student Workers at University of Illinois Springfield. UPCEA Regional Conference.
- Adebowale, K., Chen J., Jourdain, S., Sato, E. and Sohn, H. (2015, May). Building Innovative Open Korean and Japanese Courses: A Pilot on Technology-enhanced Curriculum Development. Paper presented at SUNY Conference on Instruction and Technology (CIT).
- Adebowale, K. (2015, February). The Impact of Transactional Distance Dialogic Interactions on Student Learning Outcomes in Online and Blended Learning Environments. Paper presented at AAAS Emerging Researchers National Conference.
- Adebowale, K. & Teng, T. (2011, November). The Impact of Learner and Learning Environment Factors on Student Learning Outcome in Online Learning Programs at SBU. Paper presented at Sloan Consortium International Conference on Online Learning.
- Adebowale, K. & Teng, T. (2010, October). The Hybrid Learning Model used by the Department of Technology and Society’s Overseas Master’s Program in Global Operations Management (GOM) and Technological Systems Management (TSM). Paper presented at the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Adebowale, K. & Teng, T. (2013, September). Surveying the Landscape of Distance Education at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY.