BLSC is a college-prep and career-prep Center with the goal of helping students attain higher education degrees and transition into careers seamlessly. Most of BLSC targets are students in middle school, high school, and college.
BLSC students would have attained college credits beyond an Associate’s degree upon graduation from high school.
The mission of BLSC is to promote equity in education for all students regardless of their socioeconomic status.
BLSC is founded on the philosophy that students are better-equipped to meet the challenges and competitions of the globalized century when they are placed in a holistically nurturing environment that provides exposure to emerging technologies, corporate experience, extracurricular programs, Mentors, and personalized learning and relationships.
- To ensure that students get a globalized education that will give them a competitive advantage in getting into the best institutions of higher education, and equip them with the skills needed to adapt to a dynamic workforce in any generation.
- To provide a stress-free collaborative learning and study environment that provides access and exposures to “everything” a student needs to succeed in college and in life.
Blended Learning and Study Center provides the following services:
- Personalized Online and in-center-based tutoring in all subjects, including Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), English Language, Arts, Foreign Languages, standardized assessments such as Regents, TOEFL, SAT, A.P., and ACT subject tests.
- Help with homework and projects
- Field and Corporate Trips, College and High School Tours, and Tours to other states and countries.
- Externships: Internships, summer programs, research programs, jobs, scholarships, grants, academic competitions, Collegiate Programs, etc.
- Speakers (Public, Entertainers, Notable Personalities, entrepreneurs, Successful and Research students in high school, undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate, Professionals, Entrepreneurs etc), Workshops, and Presentations.
- A place and forum for studying and collaborating with other students and mentors.
Our facilitators are assigned to students based on their educational needs. They include certified teachers, peer mentors at the top of their class, highly-qualified undergraduate students, graduate students (both Masters and Ph.D.), and professionals practicing in their respective fields.
- Ensure that 100% of our students score in the top 90th percentile in their standardized tests.
- Ensure that 100% of our students get into higher education institutions.
- Guarantee that 100% of our students attend summer enrichment programs.
- Guarantee that 100% of our students will develop self-disciplined study habits.
- Guarantee a stress-free environment for students to collaborate with each other, mentors, tutors and other stakeholders.
What we Provide:
- Blended Learning and Study Center (BLSC) provides year-round middle school-prep; high school-prep; college-prep, STEM-prep, and career-prep through online & face-to-face (physical) locations.
- Access to personal study rooms
- Collaborative sessions both in-center, at-home, and online; with expert facilitators
- Personal computers and laptops; printers, scanners, webcams, phones, etc.
- BLSC Field and Corporate Trips
- BLSC Internships, scholarships, jobs, summer programs, After school programs, volunteer and community programs etc.
As a member of BLSC you will have access to the following services: tutoring; scholarships; fellowships; career-placement; college courses; credit recovery courses; middle, high school, & college applications/programs; summer programs; homework and assessment help; field trips; networking; and school progress monitoring through college and graduate level.
- One-on-one facilitation; group facilitation; and online facilitation. All sessions are archived online and accessible to customers via their personalized online webpage.
- School Progress Monitoring.
- College Portfolio Preparation: for application and acceptance into COLLEGES.
- Trips, internships, summer programs, college tours, workshops, presentations, mentoring, and networking with high school, undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
OVERALL BENEFITS VS COMPETITORS
- Sense of belonging to a group.
- Stress-free environment for learning and collaboration.
- Peace for parents and students knowing there are mentors and professionals in the field monitoring the success and progress of all members.
- Cost-savings from utilization of The Center’s internet, computer, printers, phones, copiers, fax, and etc.
- 24/7 access to information and answers through BLSC online platform.